Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Artist: Alchemy Fibre Arts



This lovely lady from across the pond, Catherine, is the first addition to the blog.  She hails from England and specializes in fiber arts, working with leicester wool, merino wool, and more to make felt of such a beautiful and wide range of colors and mixes of colors.  She says:  "Living in the beautiful English countryside I take most of my inspiration from the ever changing nature all around me. My specialties are fibre arts however as the essence of what I live for is freedom I hold no bounds to techniques or materials that I work with."

With this felted material, she sells the following supplies on etsy:  felt beads, braids, felt fabric, embellishments, trims, and as far as already finished crafts, she has beautiful scarves and maybe more items that I've yet to discover within her large number of listings.



Her shop has been open since May 2008 and she's made nearly 3,000 sales in that time!  Talk about at etsy success story!  Just take a look at her wonderful, luxurious fibers and felts and I'm sure you can imagine your next project and how you could incorporate this bold, bright material into it!  Thanks Catherine!  After the holidays, Catherine may be interested in adding a little more to her story on "Handmade and Proud" but for now, let's allow her to enjoy her holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment