Monday, December 20, 2010

Calling all crafters...

Hello there, this is the opening day of a blog for crafters and artists from anywhere and everywhere that have truly eye-catching work!  I'll start with a little about myself...I'm based in New York City and have my etsy shop at http://www.brooklynbags.etsy.com/. My work is in jewelry of the bright and unusual nature....shrink plastic jewelry put on chains, earring wires, and jump rings that are just as bright as the handcrafted jewelry that's attached to them!  I'll attach some pictures of my work here as soon as I figure out how to do it!  I never thought about doing a blog before and I'm not one of those people who want to write or tweet or sing or yodel or whatever its called about about every moment in my life....this blog isn't for me to talk so much as it is for displaying the work of other artists and crafters who can get lost in the sea of crafts on the internet!  I'm interested in getting artists to describe their processes, inspirations, the spaces where they work, the disasters that happen or almost happen....let's hear the story behind the work!  I'll start off with some of mine and I hope others will contribute theirs so that we can all see a great and colorful blog full of stuff that you'd just love to have and can't stop looking at.  Please feel free to send your work!



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment