Monday, December 20, 2010

Me at my first two gigs as a vendor - markets in Inwood and in Astoria, Queens

Two Saturdays ago and yesterday (Sunday) I did my first two markets as a vendor.  The first one was at a local church and I could have walked with my jewelry and all my stuff over to the church, it was that close...it was small but so nice...the best part was all the little kids drawn to my jewelry and asking me if i made it, how i did it, etc...they were adorable...i felt awful when one girl maybe 10 years old asked me how much my necklaces cost....i wanted to say "FREE!" and give her one, but that would have been an AWFUL trend to start....i was also visited by my co-worker and her adorable daughter and that was great too....the little girl wants to sell jewelry too now...and my good friend came and visited me with her boyfriend and gave me a hand,literally, a hand to display things on...i'll have to get a pic of that on here...or  maybe it's not worth putting a pic up....just picture a hand, not human, used for displaying a bracelet or ring or something...


 There's my love sitting there, he has been a great help to me in this new vending venture!



Yesterday's market was a fun one too, nice and cozy, but bigger than the church one....in Astoria...at the Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden.  Here are some pics...


This is my new trunk/vintage suitcase  that i got for display....i love it!  alot of people seemed to gravitat towards it like "ooh im not supposed to look in here, in grandma's secret storage, but i'm going to..."
 
I'm looking a little tired and stressed out in this pic, or maybe a little bit like "I can't believe that a girl just told me that my prices are too high when I live in New York City and i'm charging a maximum of 20 bucks per item and others are charging $120!"

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever listen to people that tell you that your prices are too high, Trisha. Just politely smile and inwardly know that THAT person is not who you're marketing towards. :)

    Your stuff is awesome! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete