Thursday, December 23, 2010

Artist: VectorCloud from Queens, NYC




Hello there folks, the next feature artist is Amelia and her etsy shop VectorCloud.  Her home studio is in Queens, New York, where she focuses on laser cut products along with her 8 month old baby!  It boggles my mind how someone can make such cool designs and also be equally focused on a new baby!  Go Amelia!

Amelia says, "I started this endeavor about a year ago after working at an NFP (Not For Profit) helping kids in the Bronx creating variety of projects using a laser cutter. The experience really inspired me and opened up new perspectives on what I can do with my skills."



 Looking at these photos, maybe you're wondering, "How the hell does she do this stuff? How long does something like this take to be made??"  Amelia says, "I usually have my sketchbook handy; I take it anywhere I go, so when an idea comes up I can quickly record it. When I get home, I go over my sketches and develop them and start drawing them in the computer. It usually takes almost all day to design and many prototypes/models until I am absolutely happy with it."

Yes, we can see that you work until you are absolutely happy with these beautiful pieces Amelia!  They are flawless!  Wonderful photos are easy to take when the products are as flawless as these!  Thanks Amelia, and make sure to let us know when VectorCloud will be selling at any markets/craft fairs in the NYC area...I'm sure people would love to come out and see this stuff in person! Amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment